Youth Opportunities UNLIMITED
This program aims to give service to Filipino university-age students. In working with local and international partners, the Filipino Family Fund will facilitate will help those families in need keep the next generation of leadership educated and strong in values that support the family.
The scholarship gives participants an opportunity to:
- Witness on-the-ground activities related to relief and recovery in a post disaster environment with coalition of U.S. based non-profit volunteers.
- Learn from their peers who are building sustainable communities and to gain understanding of the Filipino cultural perspectives that can be applied in various contexts.
- Learn a multi-disciplinary approach to how development in this region is possible.
- Exchange ideas and perspective related to leadership and challenges for young adults.
- Opportunity for reflection.
Students will be directly on the ground in a community that is recovering from SuperTyphoons Haiyan. A portion of the time will be dedicated to service work in the community (i.e. building a home, teaching small children while parents are in the field, etc.). Additionally, time will be spent learning from local community members on how they are rebuilding their lives. This will provide participants with tools to become leaders in the future to support the family.